WWIV Book 1

FOUR WWIV Books are now available on Amazon.
Click here for more information.

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

This week - a Guest Blogger

This week I invited my friend, Bella Harte, to post something dystopian for our consideration. Graciously, she accepted my invite and gives us the post below.

Bella is a fellow self-published author and blogger from England. She, being the wonderful person she is, hosted a blog post about my first novel (WWIV - In The Beginning) several months ago and I wanted to return the favor.

Thank you Bella for posting here today. So without further babbling on my part, here is Bella's post, and further below is additional information regarding Bella.


My Thoughts on the Dystopian Genre

When first asked to write about my thoughts of dystopian literature, I thought 'oh heck I know nothing about this subject whatsoever,' as I mainly write novels for the paranormal genre.   But I’ve pondered on it a lot over the last few weeks and came to realise that I have actually read quite a few dystopian novels in recent years, mainly of the YA [Young Adult] genre as that’s who I write for.    A lot of you will have heard of The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins - Divergent by Veronica Roth - The Selection by Kiera Cass - Legend by Marie Lu.  These are just a tiny, minuscule offering of what’s available to read in this category right now.  In fact my host today writes adult dystopian novels.

So while I was contemplating several of these fab novels, I recognised that this type of literature is actually my next most popular after the paranormal genre.  However, I’ve always been drawn to the sci-fi vibe since being very young and the dystopian novels appeal to me in a similar way.

In science fiction there are the coolest gadgets and all manner of wondrous technology and I really love technology but there are also aliens, good, bad and some seriously ugly, so there’s always a factor of the unknown to keep you entertained and/or scared witless.   In dystopian, things are gritty and back to basics, unlike what we recognise today, everything is dehumanised, a fight for survival on all fronts whether it be against a controlling faction or just the elements of mother nature, the outcome is still unknown and it’s that element of a real fight for survival that so riveting and compelling.

I also imagined what it would be like to live in a dehumanised society and how I would survive, as I consider myself ‘one of the last girl scouts’ so to speak.  I think I’d fair ok as today I’m already geared up with a generator, fuel supplies, wood supplies, food supplies, water, tools, equipment, a four-wheel drive vehicle with a winch, snorkel exhaust, upgraded suspension etc…  I learnt to shoot and have had weapons of various types growing up, so I’m no stranger to guns and ammo.  While this is all ok, it wouldn’t last for that long but at least I’d have a head start, a better chance than most out of the gate.  I hope I never have to experience it, to be honest I prefer to read about it from the comfort of my armchair while the TV is on softly in the background, rather than having to get the razor wire around my property and be on constant alert against whatever or whoever.

Dystopian literature gives you a taste of what life could be like from a whole new perspective, I like that a lot.  I also like the uncertainty and the need to overcome great odds in the face of greater adversity.  So now I‘ve rambled on for a while, my conclusion is this,  I really enjoy this genre, the diversity of each author, the varying view points on how things could be in these diverse times, testing humanity to the limits in all ways to better mankind or not. 

So I’ll leave you with this one liner: Keep Calm and Read Dystopian Literature [You’ll be glad you did].

Lake, thank you so much for the opportunity to be here today.


Bella Harte


Thanks Bella! Now here is some information on this exciting young paranormal author you may want to check out.


Author Bio:
Bella Harte has been writing for well over a decade, and completed several novels before deciding to go in a whole new direction and write for the Young Adult genre. More specifically the YA PNR – Young Adult Paranormal Romance category.

Her first published YA Novel is ‘Scarlett Phoenix’ - Book I in The Seraphoenix Saga, with Book II:- ‘Crimson Fire’ being scheduled for release in 2014, and Book III:- ‘Red Ashes’ for 2015.

She has also been working on two other YA PNR series:

The Angel of Death Series
 Book I – Reaper     Book II – Touched     Book III – Afterlife

Nine Lives Series
Book I – The Glaring    Book II – Midnight Calling     Book III - Hunters Moon  

Aside from writing, Bella has also worked as a fashion designer and interior designer. She lives in a quiet part of rural England with her gorgeous husband, who doesn't mind in the slightest if she vanishes for hours at a time into her writing cave.
Author Links:
LinkedIn: LinkedIn
___________________________________________________

Scarlett Phoenix Book Trailer


**************************************************************************


Thanks for reading.  Have a GREAT week!


lake

No comments:

Post a Comment