WWIV Book 1

FOUR WWIV Books are now available on Amazon.
Click here for more information.

Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Big Brother 1

Here's a sign I saw in the Twin Cities a few days ago. It made me shake my head.






Was the State of Minnesota really telling me when to put gas in my car? And were they saying this so poor, old, stupid me wouldn't be out in the smog that I could clearly see? Or were they saying it because it was best for the environment? Or was there some other reason at play?

I appreciate the government worrying about my health (though it really is none of their business). I also appreciate them helping to remind citizens that the air was bad that day.

However, the role of government is not -- and never has been -- to tell me when I can and can't put gas in my car... or go outside ... or drive... or anything else that infringes on my personal liberties.

It's like the signs you see sometimes on the side of the road reminding you not to text. You know the ones; they usually have some clever slogan on them.

"Don't drive distracted."
"Drop the phone because I said so - Mom."
And my favorite...
"Texting and driving... It can wait!"

All they really need to say is something like what I saw in Wisconsin this past summer.

"Texting while driving is a $300 fine."

There, isn't that nice and to the point? Don't waste your time on snappy slogans ("this is your brain on drugs" was a huge failure); just give it to us straight. Trust me, we can handle the truth.

What are your feelings on the subject? I'd really like to hear from you. Am I over-reacting? Or am I simply pointing out another case of the government acting like Orwell's Big Brother? 

You all know where I stand!


Later people,


e a lake


No comments:

Post a Comment