WWIV Book 1

FOUR WWIV Books are now available on Amazon.
Click here for more information.

Monday, February 24, 2014

Book Trailer: Is this Dark Enough?

If you would, please take a moment to view the link below. It's a 1:18 (one minute, eighteen seconds) video for my soon to be released novel – WWIW - In the Beginning.

Promotional Book Trailer - WWIV Book One


Here are my questions:

1. Does it do anything for you? Does it pique your interest in the book?

2. Do you get a general idea what the book may be like?

3. Does it give you a dark, foreboding feeling for the future?


The video is self-made. To create it, I used iMovie 11. I purchased the images from Dreamstime. And I found the music free on the web (thanks to Kevin MacLeod from incompetech.com). Thus, it cost me little to create.

I ask these questions for a purpose. I am in the process of making another trailer to promote this same book on YouTube. The video will be similar in that it will lay out the basic premise of the story for the viewer. The music will be equally dark, but the background will be different. This new video will be approximately 45 seconds in length (subscribe to this blog to be one of the first to see this new video when it's ready).

As an independent writer, I am trying to find the proper mix of paid and free marketing for my materials. It's a delicate balancing act, at best. On one end of the spectrum, you can go the totally free route. And if you have enough cash to spend, you can buy your way into almost anything.

To me, it seems wrong to spend an embarrassingly large sum of cash to promote my self published and independent material. Something just doesn't feel right in doing that. There's plenty of places to spend your hard earned money in other areas. Professional editing starts at $500 for a thorough and complete review. Then there are payments for cover artists, YouTube campaigns, Google Adwords, Twitter Ads, costs for a website, and so on.

All of this leads to a high wire, tight rope act. On top of researching and creating all the above, I always have to remember to carve out time for 2,000 or so words a day on a new manuscript. And somehow stay employed at my current job.

And I wouldn't trade this awesome exciting endeavor for anything in the world!


Keep Reading everyone.


lake

No comments:

Post a Comment